it's the last day of 2013 on mayne mill and the heavens are a little cloudy and i'm beginning taxes and finishing laundry. oh, the envy i sense in your eyes. i'm recalling a few of those lists and goals during the year that was and all of the good things that happened, the adventures taken that were not even anticipated this time last year, the children who broke my heart for the millionth time and those who stopped me in my tracks with utter amazement, friends who came and went and those who reappeared when my heart needed them the most. there were journeys to places i had only heard about from others and now, i stood on the same island where wild horses roamed, the same bridge where forest gump crossed, the same doorway through which a governor traveled each night. quite spectacular for this old coot.
i look forward to a new year. i predict 2014 will be good. i'll share just a bit of my calendar ink with you:
- i will bite my tongue - harder, longer, and more often.
- i will go twice as many places on twice as many wheels as in 2013.
- i will not compromise and i will not lay down.
- i won't care what you think or why you think it [southern guilt - that's another diary, another time!]
- i'll push the envelope again [parasailing and ziplining]!
- i'll stick my neck out and catch my breath later.
- i'll figure out a way to hold my grand-daughter this year while she can fit in the crook of my arm [a big please on this one].
i can feel a beginning on its way. i guess whatever kind of beginning is up to me. happy 2014 and here's to all the full calendars and fruitful mark throughs.